App Connect on Composition Media

Need audio help/advice, This is the place for you
domi.alves
Stage 1

Re: App Connect on Composition Media

Postby domi.alves » Wed May 04, 2016 5:41 am

Hey everyone, so I contact VWSA to resolve this well published question once and for all.

They phoned all overseas to confirm their response and they can say the following with confidence:

All 2016 Polo GTis with Gen 2 radios (An easy way to check gen 2 is sending them your VIN number or hardware number from the radios settings screen directly) have the ability to have App-Connect run with CarPlay, MirrorLink or Android Auto even if the App-Connect icon isn't showing in the menu screen. This is just a matter of a software update to show that icon. BUT, we will have to pay extra for the activation code to use the App-Connect, unless you specifically asked for it as a deal when speccing your car.

Another interesting point, apparently it is entirely up to each dealership house how much they are willing to charge for the activation code. There is no fixed price, as confirmed by VWSA to me. So my suggestion would be to barter their price down with each dealership as much as possible. Don't listen to their stories of costs etc.

Busy getting a 2016 Jetta for my company and I managed to argue getting the App-Code for nothing extra. Still to see if they do it for real, but they gave me their word they would not add on to the price.

Hope this helps everyone. If there is anything I said here that is incorrect please feel free to correct me :)

Kind regards,

Dino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Polo 6R GTi - Silver (Stock)
Dino Alves

teeninvader

Postby teeninvader » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Very sneaky vw pay for some code while you already paid for hardware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraemeGTi6
Stage 1

Postby GraemeGTi6 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:41 am

I'm getting my activation code at no cost from my dealer next week, was a bit of a fight but finally sorted it out...
Ex: 16 Golf 7 GTi DSG
Ex: 09 Golf 6 GTi (M)
Ex: 01 Toyota Corolla RXi 20v

Fly like a G6

Postby Fly like a G6 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:18 am

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a Golf 7R and the voice control, App connect feature is not functional,
gives an error requires activation code.
the Vehicle is with the dealer today, and they confirmed an amount payable for the code.
Very frustrating when buying the top model in the golf range and you do not get standard features
like voice control on other priced models.
ANy other golf drivers with the same issue?

JaredM
Stage 1

Postby JaredM » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:53 pm

Fly like a G6 wrote:Hi Guys

I recently purchased a Golf 7R and the voice control, App connect feature is not functional,
the Vehicle is with the dealer today, and they confirmed an amount payable for the code.
Very frustrating when buying the top model in the golf range and you do not get standard features

Everyone has the same issue bud, unless you got the Nav unit those features are not activated.

What did they quote you?

TechRoss

Postby TechRoss » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:07 am

Fly like a G6 wrote:Hi Guys

Yeah it really is not acceptable. I don't have an R but a Clubsport and again you would think they would enable that in a high spec car like that. Kinda leaves a bad taste when you talk about it. And then to have to pay close to 4k for it when if it was done in the factory it was a 1.8k option.

Kabirj

Postby Kabirj » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Guys,

I have a 2016 Polo GTi but can't seem to get carplay to work. When connecting via USB i get an error saying USB not supported.
In Dec 2016 i sent my vehicle for a software update and VW Edenvale had to order the software, i then sent it back once they received it but i am still getting the same error.
Any idea what could be the issue?
I read further up that you need to buy an activation code but i am not even getting any error or instruction to enter activation code etc.

Return to “I.C.E”