Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Carbon Doctor is a niche business that focuses on the cleaning of carbon on valves and inlet ports caused by direct injection. Other services offered are the cleaning of inlet tracts of diesel vehicles as well as any engine component using walnut shell blasting.


Image

Moderator: George Smooth

George Smooth
BT Golf
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby George Smooth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 pm

I went through to FR&R today to demo the JB Stage 1 unit. Car was run with pump fuel and has intake, dp and forge front cooler. The last run we turned the JB off so its a stock boost run with the bolt ons.

Image
08 335i
14 G7 R
14 G7 GTI
16 G7 GTI
15 G7 TSI
16 Audi RS3

Rommies
K04 GTi
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: JHB, Kyalami
Contact:

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby Rommies » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Nice. Is it me or is all the new mk7 platform graphs so jumpy?
Current-2016 Focus RS
Ex-2013 Red Ford Focus ST250 ST1 Stock
Ex-2012 White Golf 6 GTi DSG APR Stage 3 GTX2867R
Ex-1994 Toyota Supra 2JZGTE

Click: My Youtube Channel
Click: My Build Thread

George Smooth
BT Golf
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby George Smooth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Rommies wrote:Nice. Is it me or is all the new mk7 platform graphs so jumpy?


The R has much cleaner looking curves. The GTI doesnt look so bad on screen, with fourth being longer and with the car utilizing the throttle continuously for boost control (it hovers between 55-75% even stock) it makes for a jumpy graph. Another strange occurance is they can dump boost from the DV in the middle of a run with no affect on power. Luckily it cannot be felt when you drive. Strange thing though is on coastal dynos the cars rev cleaner.
08 335i
14 G7 R
14 G7 GTI
16 G7 GTI
15 G7 TSI
16 Audi RS3

User avatar
s3 Freak
Stage 2 +
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Gauteng

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby s3 Freak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:01 am

So when can we expect it to go on sale? and price btw :like:
2009 G5 GTI DSG - FR&R Tuned
12.7 @ DragWars17
12.6 @ TunerWars18 Round 1 :transform:

Image

User avatar
bully
Stage 2
Posts: 717
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby bully » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:09 am

nice power :thumb:
Hairdresser car
12.3 Dragwars 2017
252wkw
UCBRacing Fuelled

George Smooth
BT Golf
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby George Smooth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 am

s3 Freak wrote:So when can we expect it to go on sale? and price btw :like:


Units are in production and if all goes well at the end of Feb. I will make a list of dealers closer to the time and ppl can go to the tuner they are comfortable with. Retail in the States is $379.
08 335i
14 G7 R
14 G7 GTI
16 G7 GTI
15 G7 TSI
16 Audi RS3

User avatar
s3 Freak
Stage 2 +
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Gauteng

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby s3 Freak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:55 am

George Smooth wrote:
s3 Freak wrote:So when can we expect it to go on sale? and price btw :like:


Units are in production and if all goes well at the end of Feb. I will make a list of dealers closer to the time and ppl can go to the tuner they are comfortable with. Retail in the States is $379.



And in South Africa?
2009 G5 GTI DSG - FR&R Tuned
12.7 @ DragWars17
12.6 @ TunerWars18 Round 1 :transform:

Image

George Smooth
BT Golf
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby George Smooth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:17 am

s3 Freak wrote:
George Smooth wrote:
s3 Freak wrote:So when can we expect it to go on sale? and price btw :like:


Units are in production and if all goes well at the end of Feb. I will make a list of dealers closer to the time and ppl can go to the tuner they are comfortable with. Retail in the States is $379.



And in South Africa?


Each dealer will most probably have his own price based on landed price. On a personal capacity I will not be retailing the units at this stage.
08 335i
14 G7 R
14 G7 GTI
16 G7 GTI
15 G7 TSI
16 Audi RS3

User avatar
s3 Freak
Stage 2 +
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Gauteng

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby s3 Freak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am

each dealer will most probably have his own price based on landed price. On a personal capacity I will not be retailing the units at this stage.


oh waw that's a let down :facepalm:
Would the other guys have the experience with the unit as you do? :scratch:
2009 G5 GTI DSG - FR&R Tuned
12.7 @ DragWars17
12.6 @ TunerWars18 Round 1 :transform:

Image

George Smooth
BT Golf
Posts: 2243
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:42 am

Re: Some Golf 7 GTI JB Stage 1 results

Postby George Smooth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:34 am

s3 Freak wrote:
each dealer will most probably have his own price based on landed price. On a personal capacity I will not be retailing the units at this stage.


oh waw that's a let down :facepalm:
Would the other guys have the experience with the unit as you do? :scratch:


The Stage 1 is very simple. Most companies have worked with a JB and I am busy doing orientation. I spent four hours and FR&R teaching them the ropes and now they have a unit on their own vehicle to do their own dyno testing etc. The unit is similar to the BMW Stage 1 which they had experience off and I didnt need to explain to them what the 7's like in terms of settings as they have done many cars in the past.
The JB4 is more complex and will require a bit more knowledge but that's what the support forum we have created is for. To share information and have the end user participate in the tuning of his own car if he so wishes. Dealers will be capable to set as well and its obviously important that they have a understanding of VAG brand and the 7's in particular.
08 335i
14 G7 R
14 G7 GTI
16 G7 GTI
15 G7 TSI
16 Audi RS3


Return to “Carbon Doctor”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron