Experience 20 year birthday dyno day

Performance Software for VW, Audi, Seat and Porsche , Downpipes, Exhausts, Engine Rebuilds

Moderator: raisin

REVO_RIDGE
GTI Driver

Re: Experience 20 year birthday dyno day

Postby REVO_RIDGE » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Never the less being shrud and cruel will get u no where , the class went in engines all they said was put the amount of cylinders and 4wd that's all but now because it's a revo car it's time to class us , 100z meetup

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

REVO_RIDGE
GTI Driver

Postby REVO_RIDGE » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:02 pm

When I filled in the dyno form I made an enquiry about what class to put the rs3 in , the guy said put 5 cyl and 4wd , cool nothing about what turbo what exhaust what intake or what rubbers the doors got on the car , so where is the fairness in this ?

Bhabi

Postby Bhabi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Ultimately anything to do with Sameer or Experience is either lies or not fair... why make this an issue now just cause an APR car took 1st place after finding out that the RS3 has a Loba turbo. Obviously the guy who mentioned the class the RS3 is in didn't know what the car has and doesn't have, even on the dyno sheet it states REVO Stage 2 whereby it was supposed to state otherwise. Anyway we were still happy to give you guys the 1st place trophy although we only found out about the turbo afterwards. We did not have an issue with that and honestly the power that the RS3 made is very impressive. So my question still remains.... why make this an issue?

REVO_RIDGE
GTI Driver

Postby REVO_RIDGE » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:17 pm

I said enough if that's the case enjoy first place , keep the trophy and just to state a fact a loba isn't a bigger it does not differ in size so how is bigger if it's a complete bolt on , I won't argue any further salute...

Porra46
Fanbooi

Postby Porra46 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Why must there always be politics... :(

I don't see any unfairness here. If it's not the factory turbo it normally is placed in another class.

My friend John Hurditch from the UK owns a GIAC tuned Golf R with a Loba LO400 turbo. A complete bolt on too... Also looks the same size as a K04... But it DEFINITELY flows more! That's where the difference is. He makes 371WHP (276kw on the wheels!!!) using pump fuel!!! (UK has 99RON from the pumps)

Now at dyno or even drag days he is not placed in the 2+ K04 class like all the other Rs... He gets placed in the non factory turbo class as well. This means he has to compete with guys running GTX28s or GT30s. That's just how it is... It's not a factory turbo anymore.

That Loba powered RS3 makes great power! :thumb: I would be very happy with the results!!
2012 Candy White Golf 6 R DSG - APR Stage 3
460BHP/344Kw and 608Nm
11.9s 1/4 mile @ Tarlton - Dragwars 2015

Bhabi

Postby Bhabi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:59 pm

REVO_RIDGE wrote:I said enough if that's the case enjoy first place , keep the trophy and just to state a fact a loba isn't a bigger it does not differ in size so how is bigger if it's a complete bolt on , I won't argue any further salute...

I'm not arguing about it, just thought I should comment as it seems to you guys as if Sameer is being unfair which is clearly not the case. No hard feelings though :thumb:

Topgun
Stage 2

Postby Topgun » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 pm

If it has a LOBA then these comments are a waste, and purely a plot to ruin the events outcome or any post regarding experience or apr. The difference between a stock turbo, is the LOBA is better design, would you like it if you competed against another RS3 had a GTX series turbo that was the same dimensional size as the LOBA or stock turbo? use some sense, size maybe the same but theres more to turbo design than that. If its aftermarket turbo its a separate class, universally. If the REVO RS3 dyno application form didnt state LOBA turbo from the start, then whos being unfair? none the less well done to the REVO RS3! A mighty car of note. :like:

raisin
Stage 1

Postby raisin » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 pm

The 5 cylinder FACTORY TURBO class as it is labelled is for 5cylinder cars that are still running the factory turbo. The car was initially placed in this class because on the dyno form in the section to declare mods, it was stated that the car is Stage 2 which implies stock turbo. People at the dyno day even asked the owner whether the turbo had been replaced and he denied it.

We subsequently confirmed with REVO KZN dealer prior to moving the car to open class that the car was in fact fitted with a loba turbo.

Just goes to show that some okes are so desperate for trophies that they have to lie about something like this. If you guys that desperate go by the shop tomorrow...we'll give you first place trophy so you can feel good about yourselves.

Putting an aftermarket turbo car in the same class as the stock turbo is like putting a k04 car in the k03 class. If Loba setups on these 5 cylinder cars were common like is the case with K04 setups on the 2.0T platform, there would have been a loba turbo class. But that isn't the case, so the car ends up in the open class.

All else aside, 380kw on this setup is amazing. Well done to REVO on that :thumb:
Rey Moodley
Experience Performance
APR tuned
2011 CW G6 GTI (IHI) 12.92@176
2011 CW G6 GTI (K04) 12.2@193
2014 OW G7R - 11.4@193

2xqzit4-zn
BT Golf

Postby 2xqzit4-zn » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Topgun wrote:If it has a LOBA then these comments are a waste, and purely a plot to ruin the events outcome or any post regarding experience or apr. The difference between a stock turbo, is the LOBA is better design, would you like it if you competed against another RS3 had a GTX series turbo that was the same dimensional size as the LOBA or stock turbo? use some sense, size maybe the same but theres more to turbo design than that. If its aftermarket turbo its a separate class, universally. If the REVO RS3 dyno application form didnt state LOBA turbo from the start, then whos being unfair? none the less well done to the REVO RS3! A mighty car of note. :like:

But how do you find out after the dyno that a car has loba and then change it to a different class..the car did 380fkw..I did 320wkw on pump fuel..do the math...so with my race map and race fuel..what would i make..so does that mean I got loba...lol why wasnt glen asked on the day if it has

First 9 Second Stock Turbo GTR35 In South Africa - 9.939 @ 227km/h

CPI FTW!!!!
:dance:

2xqzit4-zn
BT Golf

Postby 2xqzit4-zn » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:16 pm

raisin wrote:The 5 cylinder FACTORY TURBO class as it is labelled is for 5cylinder cars that are still running the factory turbo. The car was initially placed in this class because on the dyno form in the section to declare mods, it was stated that the car is Stage 2 which implies stock turbo. People at the dyno day even asked the owner whether the turbo had been replaced and he denied it.

We subsequently confirmed with REVO KZN dealer prior to moving the car to open class that the car was in fact fitted with a loba turbo.

Just goes to show that some okes are so desperate for trophies that they have to lie about something like this. If you guys that desperate go by the shop tomorrow...we'll give you first place trophy so you can feel good about yourselves.

Putting an aftermarket turbo car in the same class as the stock turbo is like putting a k04 car in the k03 class. If Loba setups on these 5 cylinder cars were common like is the case with K04 setups on the 2.0T platform, there would have been a loba turbo class. But that isn't the case, so the car ends up in the open class.

All else aside, 380kw on this setup is amazing. Well done to REVO on that :thumb:

Ok cool

First 9 Second Stock Turbo GTR35 In South Africa - 9.939 @ 227km/h

CPI FTW!!!!
:dance:

Return to “Experience Performance/APR Durban”