my APR experience - a must read

Performance Software for VW, Audi, Seat and Porsche , Downpipes, Exhausts, Engine Rebuilds

Moderator: raisin

MJP
Site Admin

my APR experience - a must read

Postby MJP » Tue May 01, 2012 5:05 am

When I decided to mod my GTi I looked at all the options out there. I weighed power vs reliability vs service. After much research I decided to go APR as they came out on top from my findings. You may ask yourself how did I get to this conclusion. It was really simple as APR is an approved VW product in the USA and have worked extensively with VW of America. They also know what each component can handle as they test everything and map your car for reliability combined with decent power gains.

The car went into Sportech for the work to be done. I have heard some stories about Sportech so I was a bit sceptical at first but after meeting Chad I was impressed with the service I received from him. Text messages on the weekend as well as phone calls during and after hours to ensure that everything was fine. Being the first Edition 35 to have a remap was an easy task for APR, no bench flashing(no need to remove the ecu)

At this stage I decided to enter the car for the upcoming Mathuba drags as I was going to be in DBN on holiday and thought let me visit the so called "farm track" seeing that the DBN guys come up for Drag Wars. Rey from APR in DBN arranged for my car to be entered into the event. When I got to DBN, I took the car to APR/Experience exhausts for them to check that everything on the car was working well. Rey and Samir ensured that the car was fine and that I would not have any issues. I will commend both of them as the service delivery is top notch. Their dedication to service is something I have not seen in a long time. I can tell you that the JHB guys have a lot to learn from the DBN guys when it comes to dedication and service excellence.

On to the car, once all the vitals were checked I took the car for a drive. WOW, I mean WOW the power delivery was insane. The car felt like I could destroy anything on the road. All this on plain old Shell 95 fuel with a normal file, no race file or any of that crap. From the bottom to the midrange to the top it has the perfect balance of power.

Thanks Chad, Rey and Samir ;)

Check out our webstore for performance upgrades, wheels, suspensions, lighting, accessories and much more...

VWGTiclub Webstore

APR South Africa

dood786
Stage 1

Re: my APR experience - a must read

Postby dood786 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:09 am

Were you unhappy with the frc file?

baby boss
Stage 2 +

Postby baby boss » Tue May 01, 2012 11:54 am

power figures now & any other hardware :?:

Rascal69
BT Golf

Postby Rascal69 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 pm

MJP wrote: I can tell you that the JHB guys have a lot to learn from the DBN guys when it comes to dedication and service excellence.

Not all JHB guys. I've never had a problem with some of the guys i have dealt with. maybe they dont smaak u :lol:
///M

MJP
Site Admin

Postby MJP » Tue May 01, 2012 1:23 pm

dood786 wrote:Were you unhappy with the frc file?

What FRC file? My car only has APR. Never loaded or tried any other software brand

Check out our webstore for performance upgrades, wheels, suspensions, lighting, accessories and much more...

VWGTiclub Webstore

APR South Africa

fudu
Stage 1

Postby fudu » Tue May 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Glad you are happy with your car mjp. Rey and samir and the entire experiance crew are leka guys. Even if you don't send your car to them for anything they are nice and friendly and give good advice. Btw is your car the 1 with the big apr sticker at the back door, saw it earlier on the n3. If it is yours, your car really looks hot
Current:
BMW M135i
Audi a1

Ex:
RB Golf 6R-GLOBAL TUNING
Scirocco- GLOBAL TUNING
Mini Cooper S
BMW E46 M3
Seat Leon fr K1-GIAC TUNED
Polo Sportline-RK MOTION TUNED
Polo 1.6i
Golf 3 GSX
Golf 3 GS
Golf MK1
Opel Kadette 200is

hubbly_bubbly
Lord of Arches

Postby hubbly_bubbly » Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 am

Good to hear that APR are doing so well.

Rey and Sameer are really good guys. Down to earth but yeah they know their stuff when it comes to cars, hence the power and times they extract from all their cars.

Candy White Seat Leon Cupra

G5 GP
BT Golf

Postby G5 GP » Tue May 29, 2012 1:42 pm

better ass clinch mj....

ek kom vir jou

APR...please pm me a price . edition 35 .dsg
STEALTH TUNED
296.9whp and 438nm pump fuel, no meth
golf 5 gti ko4. broke the record 13.9
red dsg. broke the record 14.1
Alot more but they werent GTI's

raisin
Stage 1

Postby raisin » Wed May 30, 2012 12:36 pm

PM Sent
Rey Moodley
Experience Performance
APR tuned
2011 CW G6 GTI (IHI) 12.92@176
2011 CW G6 GTI (K04) 12.2@193
2014 OW G7R - 11.4@193

T'z-ED35

Postby T'z-ED35 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:34 pm

hi guys, is it true that apr has the fastest edition 35 in SA? if so whats it 1/4 mile time?
STEALTH TUNED edition 35 - 12.3 @ 191km/h @ MTUBA, 237km/h over 1km @ ODI

Return to “Experience Performance/APR Durban”