Boost pipes and Performance spark plugs

For all Stealth Tuned related queries and specials

Moderators: Red Devil, GTIV

BT10_MK5_GTI

Boost pipes and Performance spark plugs

Postby BT10_MK5_GTI » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Good day guys hope yol are great.

I have a Golf V GTI and I've been experiencing problems with the way my car holds boost.
I noticed that the bracket or connector that connects the boost pipe and turbo from the Ko4 turbocharger (that I had fabricated to fit the standard ko3 boost pipe) couldn't hold the pipe for long hence the car kept loosing boost pressure.
And also since this boost issue surfaced the car jerks every now and then, don't know if it's caused by the loss in pressure into the intercooler and/or my spark plugs and coil packs are over and out.

I heard that I can get the Ko4 "bracket/connector" (don't know what it's called) separately and I should also consider changing both my boost pipe, throttle pipes and obviously Intake to Ko4 standards.

Any advice, tips or references to get this sorted will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
2008 VW GOLF 5 GTI
CPI Stage 1

2016 Ford Focus ST 250

Snickers
Stage 2 +

Re: Boost pipes and Performance spark plugs

Postby Snickers » Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm

BT10_MK5_GTI wrote:Good day guys hope yol are great.

I have a Golf V GTI and I've been experiencing problems with the way my car holds boost.
I noticed that the bracket or connector that connects the boost pipe and turbo from the Ko4 turbocharger (that I had fabricated to fit the standard ko3 boost pipe) couldn't hold the pipe for long hence the car kept loosing boost pressure.
And also since this boost issue surfaced the car jerks every now and then, don't know if it's caused by the loss in pressure into the intercooler and/or my spark plugs and coil packs are over and out.

I heard that I can get the Ko4 "bracket/connector" (don't know what it's called) separately and I should also consider changing both my boost pipe, throttle pipes and obviously Intake to Ko4 standards.

Any advice, tips or references to get this sorted will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Howzit mate where about are you situated ?
Current :polo vivo ftw!
EX stealth ED35 Bomber !
255wkw 556Nm @ KAR

BT10_MK5_GTI

Re: Boost pipes and Performance spark plugs

Postby BT10_MK5_GTI » Thu May 26, 2016 6:31 am

Im based in Johannesburg bru
2008 VW GOLF 5 GTI
CPI Stage 1

2016 Ford Focus ST 250

Return to “Stealth Tuned”