RANT ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX

How was the service that you received...this is the place to rave or rant...
Cornel
Stage 1

RANT ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX

Postby Cornel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Posting on behalf of a friend.
He drove a 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrack. The bakkie started with some issues after 5months of owning it so he took it into Action Ford Krugersdorp. They said that they can't find the issue as all the lights on the dash was off. Traction control and drivetrain light comes on at the same time. So he drove the bakkie back to Black Rock Mine(80km from Kuruman) where he works. The lights comes and goes the whole time. He took the bakkie to Ford Kuruman 3 times. They said it was missing files on his Software so they updated everything. That did not work at all.

So he went on his R&R weekend again, dropped his bakkie at Action Ford Krugersdorp for the weekend so that they can have a look at it. They called him and told him that he needs a new gearbox. After a struggle they agreed to replace the gearbox with a brand new gearbox.
When he got his bakkie back, it did not even make the 680km back to Black Rock Mine. So he took the bakkie back to them and told them it’s worse than ever. The workshop manager said ja they get this problem with recon gearboxes. Never did they say that he will get a recon gearbox from Ford.

At this point they said they will have to order a new gearbox from Ford to sort this issue. So he left his bakkie there again only to find out that Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division won’t be able to deliver his bakkie to him the Saturday. The guy that had to deliver his bakkie on Saturday was high jacked the Friday evening when he took the bakkie back home.

In the same sentence they also said don’t worry as we got a call from the police(30min after the bakkie was stolen) in Harrismith, that they found the bakkie there. They will be going through to fetch it. They paid R13000 to the police for the tow in and what not’s just to find out that they have been scammed.

On Monday he demanded that they need to sort the issue out. He said that Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division need to claim from their insurance and settle his bakkie. This is when the owner of Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division said don’t stress he knows a few people at the police station so he will pull some strings. So now they have the bakkie again. And 1hour later the bakkie is gone again.

At this point he said they need to do whatever it takes to settle his stolen bakkie so that he can buy a new one. Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division said that they don’t have the required insurance to claim for his bakkie so he needs to claim from his own insurance. So he called Action Ford Krugersdorp to get them to sort it out as the bakkie was in their possession. So Action Ford Krugersdorp called Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division to get the case number all the info needed but they struggle to get any info from them. He also spoke to Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division to see if he can get any details of his stolen bakkie from them but also no luck. This has been going on for 2 weeks that he struggles with Mayfair Gearbox Manual Division and Action Ford Krugersdorp.

This morning he went to the Ombutsman and Hello Peter to see if they can get it sorted. Ombutsman emailed him that they need the required details to sort his case out.

His bakkie is stolen for a month now. It's a white 2014 Ford Ranger Wildtrak reg. FYS 238 FS

PLEASE PEOPLE STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX MANUAL DIVISION

roofy
Stage 2 +

Re: RANT ACTION FORD KRUGERSDORP & MAYFAIR GEARBOX

Postby roofy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 pm

sheeesh.. hope the oke comes right..

being pushed from pillar to post, and he is probably still paying for a bakkie that he doesnt have and cant drive.
If u aint taking it sideways... u aint driving it at all

current: Golf 7R stage 2 -

11.94 @ 183 - Dragwars 2017

ex: s3 8p GTX3071 REVO Stage 4
ex: Gti 6 REvo tuned : 13.01 @ DWI 2013

Smurf
Stage 2

Postby Smurf » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:52 pm

That is crazy. I don't think he should deal at all with Mayfair. He left the vehicle at the dealer and he must claim from them. They can take it up with their service provider which is Mayfair in this case.

Hope he gets sorted soon.
Ex. Velocity 1.6i
Ex. Ibiza Cupra TDI
Ex. Polo GTI 9n3 Stealth tuned
Ex. Mk V GTI Stealth Tuned ko4
Ex. '89 MK1 Citi Sport 1.8

Current: 2016 F20 118i
2008 Black Ibiza Cupra 20V Hybrid T 216kw 391nm @ Dynotech

r0ckf1re
Stage 2 +

Postby r0ckf1re » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm

This is just shocking. I agree with Smurf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Current
M135i
2013 Ibis White A4 1.8T (fiSTer)
EX:
CLC 350
2008 Corsa OPC (Xcede + DP) 185bhp 342 NM @ the wheels

Germinator
Stage 2

Postby Germinator » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Action Ford must sort this shite out cos they have third party liability cover...Ombudsman will make them jump if they don't!
2011 Golf 6 GTI
KO4H - DSG
FR&R Tuned
300wkw @ FR&R
308wkw @ Precision Race
12.0 Dragwars 2017
12.0 Tuner Warz 2017

frozen
K04 GTi

Postby frozen » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:10 am

Your buddy should be focussed on the dealership and have no dealing with Mayfair Gearbox

Sean10
Stage 2

Postby Sean10 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:30 am

frozen wrote:Your buddy should be focussed on the dealership and have no dealing with Mayfair Gearbox

+1

Return to “Rants and Raves”