RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

How was the service that you received...this is the place to rave or rant...
User avatar
alexdekoker
GTI Driver
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:46 pm

RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby alexdekoker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Sooo, long story short-ish :popcorn:

Sent my car to Liquid Dipz for a full dip

What I asked for...
Image

What I got...
Image

Not a massive difference on a clear day, but on a cloudy day...
Image

Surface isn't smooth, owner says its the nature of the product :scratch:
Image

Dip wasn't cleaned up inside doors...
Image

:clap:


So yeah, moving on. The dip is now +-3 months old. Already coming off...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Sent them a mail, JP (Owner) told me to come in on the 11th of June (2016) for a repair.

Image

Responded, told him the 11th wont work as I am busy. No reply. Tried calling that Monday. Phone off. Tried sending a Facebook message said user does not exist. Tried sending a Whatsapp message and saw this...
Image

They closed down, no notice nothing. I have a 3 year guarantee on the dip, now gone.
Called PlastiDip South Africa, they said they do not supply LiquidDipz (Says they use PlastiDip on their website)
Found out they use a product called InkedDip, got hold of them, need to bring my car in so they can assess it. Will see what they say.

Shocking service!!!
Current: Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 Revo Stage 2
Ex: 1.6 Polo Comfortline (9n3)

gti08
BT Golf
Posts: 3510
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:27 am
Location: DURBAN

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby gti08 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:43 pm

that's very poor workmanship

that's y they got liquidated :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:
14 GTI DSG

greenb
Stage 1
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby greenb » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Personally i think dipping a car is not worth it. The product is so easy to damage and also damages ur paint work.
Golf 5 gti
Stealth tuned!
:cheers:

frozen
K04 GTi
Posts: 1944
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:53 am
Location: Linmeyer

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby frozen » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:50 pm

DAMN, good thing they closed then...

User avatar
anarchy86
Stage 2
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: pretoria

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby anarchy86 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:21 pm

gti08 wrote:that's very poor workmanship

that's y they got liquidated :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

:lol:

:rofl:
Current toys :

94 200is current 666 performance project
98 200is semi stock
06 gti 5 6mt Evom's,Etuners,down pipe and RF Audio

JDT
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 am

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby JDT » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:33 am

I also dipped my FiST at Liquid Dipz same colour as your car.

The problem is not the product. Dip My Ride uses only Inked Dip and their cars looks epic. They also add a top coat which LD does not.

Also had issues with peeling dip and just very poor workmanship. After my car was there for the 3rd time to fix "warranty related repair" and nothing was fixed I asked for a refund which they refused so I sued them in the small claims court. My court date is due for the 4th of July. So yeah have no idea what the hell is gonna happen now.

A week after my car another FiST in our group was dipped smurfie blue and he peeled of his paint in a week.

User avatar
alexdekoker
GTI Driver
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby alexdekoker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:16 pm

JDT wrote:I also dipped my FiST at Liquid Dipz same colour as your car.

The problem is not the product. Dip My Ride uses only Inked Dip and their cars looks epic. They also add a top coat which LD does not.

Also had issues with peeling dip and just very poor workmanship. After my car was there for the 3rd time to fix "warranty related repair" and nothing was fixed I asked for a refund which they refused so I sued them in the small claims court. My court date is due for the 4th of July. So yeah have no idea what the hell is gonna happen now.

A week after my car another FiST in our group was dipped smurfie blue and he peeled of his paint in a week.


FiST? Fiesta ST? If that's the case JP showed me that car when it was in the booth (Facebook Messanger)

Is this it?
Image

Has the owner received a summons to court?
Please keep me updated.
Current: Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 Revo Stage 2
Ex: 1.6 Polo Comfortline (9n3)

User avatar
kev0
Stage 2
Posts: 981
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:28 am
Location: Gangsters Paradise

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby kev0 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:20 pm

I've always wondered how durable dipped car would be, seems either decent 3M wrap or proper respray is the way to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
Revo Stage 2

JDT
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 am

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby JDT » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:30 pm

alexdekoker wrote:
JDT wrote:I also dipped my FiST at Liquid Dipz same colour as your car.

The problem is not the product. Dip My Ride uses only Inked Dip and their cars looks epic. They also add a top coat which LD does not.

Also had issues with peeling dip and just very poor workmanship. After my car was there for the 3rd time to fix "warranty related repair" and nothing was fixed I asked for a refund which they refused so I sued them in the small claims court. My court date is due for the 4th of July. So yeah have no idea what the hell is gonna happen now.

A week after my car another FiST in our group was dipped smurfie blue and he peeled of his paint in a week.


FiST? Fiesta ST? If that's the case JP showed me that car when it was in the booth (Facebook Messanger)

Is this it?
Image

Has the owner received a summons to court?
Please keep me updated.


Yeah that is my car.

So just as an update:

Went to court on Monday the 4th. They didn't pitch so I won the case by default judgement. Waiting to hear anything from LD. The judge awarded full refund + sherrif fees

User avatar
alexdekoker
GTI Driver
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Re: RANT: LIQUID DIPZ!!!

Postby alexdekoker » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:43 pm

JDT wrote:
Yeah that is my car.

So just as an update:

Went to court on Monday the 4th. They didn't pitch so I won the case by default judgement. Waiting to hear anything from LD. The judge awarded full refund + sherrif fees


Please could you PM me your number as myself and another customer would like to do the same.

If you dont mind, thanks
Current: Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 Revo Stage 2
Ex: 1.6 Polo Comfortline (9n3)


Return to “Rants and Raves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron