By entering and participating in the vwGTiclub forum you agree to the following terms, conditions and rules of participation. These terms and conditions are contractually binding upon you and you agree to each of them, which are subject to change, without notice, and a current version is always available on the forum. Members who violate these rules may be suspended or banned.
1. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
2. Use your judgement to post in the correct forum section. Any post not in the correct section may be moved without prior notice to the correct forum.
3. Please do not post offensive images or content. Any such images or content will be removed and a warning may be sent by PM to the person or persons involved. Any thread with questionable content, should be labeled as such in the topic title. eg. NSFW. If the post is not marked then a moderator may change or edit your post to suit.
4. Any post or thread may be removed at a moderator’s discretion without informing the post / thread author of the reason.
5. Please do not post pictures of vehicles that advertise your business. These will be removed. Unless pre-approved in an advertising agreement with vwGTiclub.
6. Any sort of advertising within pictures will be removed without notice. Unless pre-approved in an advertising agreement with vwGTiclub.
7. Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it".
8. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM etc. will be banned immediately without notice. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice. Our decision is final in these matters.
9. Please do not question or discuss moderation or administrative decisions on the forum. If you have a query, then please PM a moderator.
10. If you feel you were treated unfairly by a moderator and wish to complain about them, then please contact one of the other forum administrators.
11. If you break the forum rules in any way, or commit an act or omission which may be considered detrimental to the Forum in any way whatsoever, you may be dealt with accordingly in the sole and absolute discretion of the Site administrator. This can range from de-registration, suspension, or a ban and may range from a few days, weeks, months or may be of a permanent nature. Normally you will receive at least one warning before any action is taken. If you repeatedly break the same rule your account will be at risk of an extended (several months) suspension or even a permanent ban.
12. The administrator of the site has full authority and discretion to exercise these rights and may exercise these rights with immediate effect if he deems it necessary and no notice will be required.
13. The administrator of the site has full authority and discretion to ban or de-register a member account for whatever reason and without consultation or notice.
14. No commercial advertising or selling of any kind allowed in the forums, this is not Gumtree. If you are interested in advertising, contact the administrators about becoming a forum advertiser. Your signature/avatar/profile is not a place to advertise your business, website, forum, etc. Anything considered to be advertising or "spam" will be removed without notice.
15. Private sales are allowed in the For Sale, but if you are deemed a commercial seller posting in the traders forum, your post will be removed without notice. You need a minimum of 20 posts in order to use the For Sale section.
16. Please do not add your website to your profile if it is a business.
17. While we do not mind users mentioning other forums, blatant advertising or repeated bumping of posts with a web address within will not be tolerated. Any advertising with commercial links to any other business than approved advertisers can be deleted without notice (Please do not advertise your own business without prior consent from vwGTiclub).
18. Posting of copyright material is strictly forbidden and will be removed without notice. (Unless of course permission has been granted by the author or credit to the author has been given as per the terms of a license/contract for usage). Always acknowledge copyright sources.
19. Blatant spamming of threads is not allowed and any such posts will be removed without notice, please also keep on topic.
20. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or such.
21. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
22. Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.
23. While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
24. You enter and participate on the Forum and gain access to the materials contained therein at your own risk.
25. We do not monitor communications 24/7 on the Forum and we are not responsible for any material that any Forum participant posts and we do not assume the responsibility to do so.
26. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the truth or accuracy of any statement made or materials posted on or through the Forum. You agree and acknowledge that you assume the risk of any actions you take in reliance upon the information that may be contained on the Forum.
27. We do not endorse or lend any credence to any statements, including warrantees that are made by any participant on the Forum. These include, but are not limited to product/service information, suitability and quality thereof. Approved traders and forum advertisers: We accept no responsibility (legal or otherwise) for any transactions or disagreements that may occur between you and a trader/advertiser. These must be dealt with directly with the trader. No complaints should be discussed in the general forum, but only in the dedicated sub-forum. You indemnify and hold us harmless against any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your reliance on such statements, purchase of products, use of services, or the like.
28. You are and remain fully responsible for your own statements and materials that you post in the Forum and any consequences, whether foreseen or not, to any party who may rely upon these statements. You agree that you will not take any action attempting to hold us responsible for any such materials or statements.
29. Any opinions or views expressed by Forum participants are their own. We do not endorse or support or otherwise give any credence or reason for reliance on any such statements or opinions. Views expressed or statements made on the Forum by members do not constitute those of vwGTiclub.co.za (unless expressly so stated) and we do not take any responsibility for such views or statements.
30. In the event that we are notified by any party that any communications contained in the Forum, or any party’s participation in the Forum is contrary to these terms of Forum access, we may, but are not obligated to, investigate the situation and determine in our own discretion, whether to remove such communication from the Forum. We have no liability or responsibility to investigate or remove any content from the Forum based upon a complaint or otherwise.
31. As a participant in the Forum, you agree that we may remove any materials from the Forum for any reason, in our sole discretion. This includes material that is disruptive, abusive, offensive, illegal, vulgar or pornographic. You hold us harmless from and against any damage you or others may suffer as a result of our removal of any content from the Forum or from the discontinuance of the Forum at any time.
32. We have the right to suspend, remove, expel, or disqualify any party from participation and access to the Forum for any time and for any reason, in our sole and absolute discretion. This includes, but is not limited to any violation of this agreement, disruptive behavior, complaints from other parties, any allegedly illegal activity.
33. We reserve the right to terminate the Forum at any time and all users hold us harmless from and against any claims, damages, suits, threats, demands, liabilities, actions, causes of action, or injuries that may result there-from, including but not limited to any consequential, incidental and special damages of any nature.
34. You agree that you will not (i) use the Forum for any illegal purpose, (ii) place any material in the Forum that violates the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, confidential information or other rights of any other party, (iii) place any material in the Forum that contains a false statement about any person, infringes upon the privacy rights of any other person, or threatens, harasses, abuses or embarrasses any other person, (iv) place any obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or violent materials, graphics, photographs, text or otherwise in the Forum, (v) place any advertising, attempted business solicitation, marketing materials or sales promotional materials on the Forum (unless you are a Forum approved trader), or (vi) place materials in the Forum that are disruptive or off-topic.
35. By accessing the Forum and placing any information in the Forum, you hereby grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free license in and to such materials, including but not limited to the right to post, publish, transmit, distribute, create derivative works based upon, create translations of, modify, amend, enhance, change, display and publicly perform such materials in any form or media, whether now known or later discovered.
36. You grant to others who access the Forum a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty free license to view, download, store and reproduce your postings but such license is limited to the personal use and enjoyment of such other party accessing the Forum.