VWR R600 Intake

For all performance related upgrades this is the forum to discuss and get information from....

SamGTI
GTI Driver

Re: VWR R600 Intake

Postby SamGTI » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback Migz10 :like: it's not the first time I've heard the muffler delete didn't do much. Beginning to wonder if this would be a complete waste of money. I'm told the 90° bend with VWR high flow pipe helps throttle response quite a bit, so coupled with an increase in sound, it's definitely next on my to-do list!
Guess I'll just have to do dv+ at a later stage.

Just a quick 1 off topic...
Has anyone ever had any fabrication work done at Rabbit Auto Customs in Killarney Gardens? Specifically exhaust?
Ex. Toyota Sprinter GLS Exec. (1600 SOHC throttle screamer) :afro:
Ex. Honda Ballade B20 Vtec (The Buddyclub town bicycle revving 4 Days) :troll:
Ex - Golf 5 GTI DSG (Mo boost, Mo problems) :facepalm:
Current - Golf 7 GTI (DP+ Intake)

migz10
Stage 1

Postby migz10 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:12 am

SamGTI wrote:Thanks for the feedback Migz10 :like: it's not the first time I've heard the muffler delete didn't do much. Beginning to wonder if this would be a complete waste of money. I'm told the 90° bend with VWR high flow pipe helps throttle response quite a bit, so coupled with an increase in sound, it's definitely next on my to-do list!

Has anyone ever had any fabrication work done at Rabbit Auto Customs in Killarney Gardens? Specifically exhaust?

I only bought it because i got a good deal for it, new the price is high and I wouldn't say its much of a performance upgrade, maybe slightly quicker spool but that`s about it. Rather get the high flow with the 90 deg bend, better uninterrupted air flow with a few hp added and it should be louder. DV+ will definitely pair up well with the setup, this fixed the "jittery" part on the dyno graph i had. This is based on my personal experience other guys might have something else to say. :thumb:
Good Luck bro!
White MK7 GTI PP with JB4, ROGUE XZORST, VWR R600 and some make up. :afro:

Sing1
Stage 1

Postby Sing1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:30 am

SamGTI wrote:
I Was actually thinking about doing the muffler delete along with VWR 90 degree bend and intake hoze Hoping it'll aid a bit

Add in a tune and its a winner combo with the rest of your mods

:thumb:
bla bla bla car list goes here

SamGTI
GTI Driver

Postby SamGTI » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 am

migz10 wrote:
SamGTI wrote:Thanks for the feedback Migz10 :like: it's not the first time I've heard the muffler delete didn't do much. Beginning to wonder if this would be a complete waste of money. I'm told the 90° bend with VWR high flow pipe helps throttle response quite a bit, so coupled with an increase in sound, it's definitely next on my to-do list!

I only bought it because i got a good deal for it, new the price is high and I wouldn't say its much of a performance upgrade, maybe slightly quicker spool but that`s about it. Rather get the high flow with the 90 deg bend, better uninterrupted air flow with a few hp added and it should be louder. DV+ will definitely pair up well with the setup, this fixed the "jittery" part on the dyno graph i had. This is based on my personal experience other guys might have something else to say. :thumb:
Good Luck bro!

That is for the helpful advice :like:
I actually wanna do a before and after dyno to see Just how much hp the vwr bits and dv+ add compared to now... should be interesting

Sing1 wrote:
SamGTI wrote:
I Was actually thinking about doing the muffler delete along with VWR 90 degree bend and intake hoze Hoping it'll aid a bit

Add in a tune and its a winner combo with the rest of your mods

:thumb:

I have no doubt a tune would wonders. Pity I'll only be able to do PnP instead of SW tho
Ex. Toyota Sprinter GLS Exec. (1600 SOHC throttle screamer) :afro:
Ex. Honda Ballade B20 Vtec (The Buddyclub town bicycle revving 4 Days) :troll:
Ex - Golf 5 GTI DSG (Mo boost, Mo problems) :facepalm:
Current - Golf 7 GTI (DP+ Intake)

Kiewiet24
GTI Driver

Postby Kiewiet24 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:24 pm

I have a JB4 available and a Turbo muffler delete if you are interested.

Whatsapp me on 082 nine zero 30 49 eight

Return to “Performance upgrades”