Detailing - JHB ? & A Few Q's

This is the place to discuss all your detailing, valeting, and general car washing related topics.
playback
Stage 1

Detailing - JHB ? & A Few Q's

Postby playback » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:36 am

So , firstly

Who or where are the recommended places for car detailing in JHB preferably around Fourways.
Not sure on the different process but something that is restorative and gets sealed in like I have seen on some of them durban cars here.

Being in a Complex and not being allowed to wash our cars.

Would a regular car wash damage the application that is put on or chemically strip it thus nullifying the cost outlay upfront ?
If so what do guys do ?

Kuvi-GTi
K04 GTi

Re: Detailing - JHB ? & A Few Q's

Postby Kuvi-GTi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Howzit bud

Give me a call on 082 533 2209. we can assist with your request
VPS Randburg
Unit 1, Lower Ground Floor, Commercial City, Tungsten Road, Strijdom Park. Tel: 011 791 5004 Cell: 082 533 2209 Email: randburg@vpsprotection.co.za

frozen
K04 GTi

Postby frozen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:29 am

Share your findings here as well, I think its good information for the community to know

Rsi hunter
Stage 2

Postby Rsi hunter » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:01 am

playback wrote:So , firstly

Who or where are the recommended places for car detailing in JHB preferably around Fourways.
Not sure on the different process but something that is restorative and gets sealed in like I have seen on some of them durban cars here.

Would a regular car wash damage the application that is put on or chemically strip it thus nullifying the cost outlay upfront ?
If so what do guys do ?

To answer your first question : best bet would be Kuvi and he is in that area.

To answer your second question :
In MY OPINION i would say most of car wash's WILL unfortunately inflict or damage our car paint due to the fact that they deal with quantity rather than quality on each wash. these are some of the reasons why i say this :
1. They do not use the 2 bucket wash
2. They use the same old dirty Micro Fibre cloth on 20 cars to dry
3. They use the same old dirty wash Mitt with out cleaning it on car after car and the dirt inflicts swirls on your paint.
4. Some use PH Neutral shampoo's (which is good), BUT some dont and even if they do points 1,2 & 3 will be inflicted on your paint.
5. Their washing techniques are horrible with inflicts swirls on your paint.

These are just some of the reasons why a car wash will damage your paint.

Honestly if you deciding to take your car for a detail and going to take it to your average car wash every weekend (you might as well save your money on the detail cause you just going to damage your paint after every wash.

Remember the clear coat on you paint is really really thin and every time you send your car for a detail or you hand polish you are removing some of the clear coat and depending on what grade polish you use will distinguish how much clear you remove and if done continuously will eventually damage you cars paint work and will = repainting.

If you are really interested in some reading material here is a link for you to go through and this will help you very much.

http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=166322

Hope this helps bud :thumb:
Golf 6 Ed.35 - 2013 (Tornado Red) FR&R Tuned
Tiguan 2018
Polo 6C - 2016
Chico 1.4i 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3) ex
Golf 1 2door - 2.0L 16v(sld)
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP)
Jetta 2 1.8 16v ex

playback
Stage 1

Postby playback » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:50 pm

Thanks. I'll read up :)

Lambchop
GTI Driver

Postby Lambchop » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm in fourways if you need advice

gti08
BT Golf

Postby gti08 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:12 am

playback wrote:So , firstly

Not sure on the different process but something that is restorative and gets sealed in like I have seen on some of them DURBAN cars here.

If so what do guys do ?

they got salt on them :troll:
14 GTI DSG

Return to “The Wash House”