Attempted Detail of my CS...

This is the place to discuss all your detailing, valeting, and general car washing related topics.
LevanM
Stage 2

Attempted Detail of my CS...

Postby LevanM » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm

So, I finally had some time to try and Detail my Clubsport after putting it off for some time :)

I am no professional detailer but have attempted to Polish and Wax Cars in the past.

My goal for this was to get the car looking whiter as I feel from factory it looked a little yellow/brown and to protect the car's paint work.

After speaking to some forum members and using the internet I set out to do the following:
1. Give the car a proper wash and insuring no sports are over looked (This was done using the two bucket process).
2. Ensure car is wet and apply Revolt Iron Remove to the whole car and keep misting water over the paint if it started to dry.
3. Give the car a proper hose down.
4. Dry the car.
5. Mix a bucket of water with car wash shampoo (Strong mix) and ensure the water feels like Lube ;)
I used this Mix with Detailing spray to Clay the Car and you will see in the Photos that this was basically like another car wash as the garage floor is soaked.
I also Clayed the Windows and Lights.
6. Wash car and dry again (As normal, wipe down the engine bay/door jams/boot area ETC)
7. Apply Polish to 1 or 2 panels and let it cure for 5 minutes them remove until the whole car has been polished.
8. Apply a second coat of Polish to the entire car and let it sit for 30 minutes then remove.
Windows and Lights were Polished on this step.
9. Apply Wax to the entire car (Including Windows and Lights) let the Wax cure till it passes the swipe test (Took just over 40minutes) then remove the Wax and inspect paint and areas for left over wax and to see if more is needed.
10. Interior clean (Vacum, Protections, Windows ETC)
11. Rims were Revolted (Iron Out), Clayed, Polished and Waxed.
12. Exhaust Tips were Revolted (Iron Out), Clayed, Polished and Waxed.

I might have left out some steps I have followed and you are welcome to ask 8-)

*Photos were taken using my iPhone5s that is cracked at the front and back, this causes a little black spot to outcome in all the photos, please look passed this spot :salut:

1. Before the Wash:

2. Revolt Iron Out

3. After Claying (In terms of what made the biggest difference I would say it was the clay as it brought out the most reflections but left some marks that the Polish removed)
4. After Second Wash

5. Polish - Stage one and 2 including the Wax:
After Wax at Night the lighting was bad and I called it a Night:

The Next Morning after finishing the Interior I took some quick photos:

The gloss and reflections were crazy but my phone and my skills are limited so I could not capture it the way it was looking.

Happened to park next to another CS and took a quick photo, you can clearly see the difference in Stock vs Detailed :mrgreen:

:thumb:

K_S
Stage 2 +
Location: JHB - Where the air is thin and the Roc's are fast.

Re: Attempted Detail of my CS...

Postby K_S » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Well done. How long did this take you?
A NIGHTMARE ON ANY STREET

LevanM
Stage 2

Postby LevanM » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:46 pm

K_S wrote:Well done. How long did this take you?

Thanks.

It look in total around 16 Hours in Total :salut:

MagZ
Stage 2 +

Postby MagZ » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Looking good bru.
Levan don't lie, we all know Sonic came over and detailed the car.
Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
2012 Golf 6 GTI (M) CPI Tuned 212wkw 480Nm
ex:
02 Citi.com
04 Citi LIFE
06 Polo GTI
07 Polo GTI Cpi
08 Citi Rox 1.6i 108kw
08 Polo GTI Cpi 208whp
08 Golf 5 GTI DSG 220whp

LevanM
Stage 2

Postby LevanM » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:14 pm

MagZ wrote:Looking good bru.
Levan don't lie, we all know Sonic came over and detailed the car.
Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Haha - He is always busy so this was on my own.

Its no joke to do so hats off to all the details out there.

Squats for days :o

Rsi hunter
Stage 2

Postby Rsi hunter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Some Comments on your stages of wash in red : :mrgreen:

1. Give the car a proper wash and insuring no sports are over looked (This was done using the two bucket process). try and get 3 buckets...1 dedicated for wheels only, other 2 (one clean water and one with soapy water)
2. Ensure car is wet and apply Revolt Iron Remove to the whole car and keep misting water over the paint if it started to dry.car msut be dry as if the car is wet it will dilute the Revolt and weaken it effectiveness, just dont leave it to dry on your car and alway shake well before use, and dont use often
4. Dry the car.with a damp cloth preferably
5. Mix a bucket of water with car wash shampoo (Strong mix) and ensure the water feels like Lube ;) the prescribed dosage on carchem is fine, more doesnt mean better always remember, it just means you are going to buy more shampoo faster :mrgreen:
I used this Mix with Detailing spray to Clay the Car and you will see in the Photos that this was basically like another car wash as the garage floor is soaked.
6. Wash car and dry again (As normal, wipe down the engine bay/door jams/boot area ETC)always have seperate cloths for engine bay and door jams and stuff
7. Apply Polish to 1 or 2 panels and let it cure for 5 minutes them remove until the whole car has been polished.Polish does not have to cure so if you rubbing by hand and feel that portion is done wipe off with a clean proper fibre cloth
8. Apply a second coat of Polish to the entire car and let it sit for 30 minutes then remove.the wait was not necessary bud as per comments above
Windows and Lights were Polished on this step.make sure that there is always wax/sealant on your light if polished
9. Apply Wax to the entire car (Including Windows and Lights) let the Wax cure till it passes the swipe test (Took just over 40minutes) then remove the Wax and inspect paint and areas for left over wax and to see if more is needed.if the car is not in use it is always better to leave th sealant longer so bondage is better and make sure it doesn touch was after sealant is removed for at least 12 hours, and what ever you do try not to use wax on you front windscreen, sometimes cause blur vision when using the wipers but all the other windows around the car is fine
11. Rims were Revolted (Iron Out), Clayed, Polished and Waxed.try and keep a constinant supply of wax/sealant on this to preserve it,

Hope this helps for future bud :thumb:

cabbie looking really really god bud, you are really going to enjoy the first wash when you see how the wax holds and the beading of the water :razz:
Golf 6 Ed.35 - 2013 (Tornado Red) FR&R Tuned
Tiguan 2018
Polo 6C - 2016
Chico 1.4i 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3) ex
Golf 1 2door - 2.0L 16v(sld)
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP)
Jetta 2 1.8 16v ex

Rsi hunter
Stage 2

Postby Rsi hunter » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Some Comments on your stages of wash in red : :mrgreen:

1. Give the car a proper wash and insuring no sports are over looked (This was done using the two bucket process). try and get 3 buckets...1 dedicated for wheels only, other 2 (one clean water and one with soapy water)
2. Ensure car is wet and apply Revolt Iron Remove to the whole car and keep misting water over the paint if it started to dry.car msut be dry as if the car is wet it will dilute the Revolt and weaken it effectiveness, just dont leave it to dry on your car and alway shake well before use, and dont use often
4. Dry the car.with a damp cloth preferably
5. Mix a bucket of water with car wash shampoo (Strong mix) and ensure the water feels like Lube ;) the prescribed dosage on carchem is fine, more doesnt mean better always remember, it just means you are going to buy more shampoo faster :mrgreen:
6. Wash car and dry again (As normal, wipe down the engine bay/door jams/boot area ETC)always have seperate cloths for engine bay and door jams and stuff
7. Apply Polish to 1 or 2 panels and let it cure for 5 minutes them remove until the whole car has been polished.Polish does not have to cure so if you rubbing by hand and feel that portion is done wipe off with a clean proper fibre cloth
8. Apply a second coat of Polish to the entire car and let it sit for 30 minutes then remove.the wait was not necessary bud as per comments above
Windows and Lights were Polished on this step.make sure that there is always wax/sealant on your light if polished
9. Apply Wax to the entire car (Including Windows and Lights) let the Wax cure till it passes the swipe test (Took just over 40minutes) then remove the Wax and inspect paint and areas for left over wax and to see if more is needed.if the car is not in use it is always better to leave th sealant longer so bondage is better and make sure it doesn touch was after sealant is removed for at least 12 hours, and what ever you do try not to use wax on you front windscreen, sometimes cause blur vision when using the wipers but all the other windows around the car is fine
11. Rims were Revolted (Iron Out), Clayed, Polished and Waxed.try and keep a constinant supply of wax/sealant on this to preserve it,

Hope this helps for future bud :thumb:

cabbie looking really really god bud, you are really going to enjoy the first wash when you see how the wax holds and the beading of the water :razz:
Golf 6 Ed.35 - 2013 (Tornado Red) FR&R Tuned
Tiguan 2018
Polo 6C - 2016
Chico 1.4i 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3) ex
Golf 1 2door - 2.0L 16v(sld)
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP)
Jetta 2 1.8 16v ex

uzzi777

Postby uzzi777 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:08 pm

well done buddy. results are great. if i may ask, what polish and wax did you use? and were both applied by hand?

no2

Postby no2 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Nice work bud. Gonna PM u address and u can test 'rsi hunters' suggestions on my car.

Sent from that Apple pad thingy

madracer
Stage 1

Postby madracer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:06 pm

LevanM wrote:16 Hours in Total

Do you know how many rounds you could have had in 16 hours?????

:sleep:

Return to “The Wash House”